SCOUTS BSA LEADER TRAINING BULLETIN
June 2019 Edition
All registered adult leaders must complete Position Specific Training required by the National Council of the BSA for their registered position in order to remain registered with their respective Units.
Training are now available at my.scouting.org, click “BSA Learn Center” .E-learning versions of some courses may be found below in the E-learning section.
BSA Learn Center Required Training Courses at //my.scouting.org/
- (S24) Scouts BSA Scoutmaster/ASM Specific Training Indoor
- (WS11) Scouts BSA Troop Committee Training — For Troop Committee Chairs and Committee Members
- (D72) Charter Organization Representative (COR) Training found at the BSA Learn Center under Non Unit Specific Training
- (D76) Merit Badge Counselor
- (Y01) Youth Protection Training
BSA Learn Center Notes — It is important that your my.scouting.org profile contain your Scouting ID Number to be properly credited for your training. Email us at email@example.com if you do not know your ID Number. At the end of the course always print out and save the certificate for a backup.
- Facilitator-led Courses:
(S24) Scouts BSA Scoutmaster/ASM Specific Training being held on September 14, 2019 at Hoyt Scout Reservation – www.ctyankee.org
- (S11) Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) is being offered Oct. 4-5, 2019 at Hoyt Scout Reservation www.ctyankee.org.
- August 23-25 and September 20-22 Wood Badge adult leader- ultimate training
Required Training For Scoutmasters and ASMs, completion of the (S24) Specific Training (facilitator-led or Learn Center course, completion of the (S11) Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) face-to-face course, and (Y01) Youth Protection Training will qualify you as “position trained”.
Please be reminded that ALL registered positions in Scouting MUST complete online Youth Protection training at least ONCE EVERY YEAR. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is accessed through //my.scouting.org.
Please Share this with all registered leaders in your troop.
Questions: Contact Evan Atkins, Powahay Scouts BSA Training Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org